Friday, October 26, 2007

Beijing Tours

Today we did a Delight tour..it started at 8am. We first went to the Beijing Zoo. I thought this would be great...we only got to see the Panda's..the zoo seemed really big..but we only saw the panda! so we left after 30 minutes and a squatty potty! I will post pictures of the squatty potty? Then we headed for the Summer Palace...it was a huge area..someone like the lama or dragon lady or someone lived there in the summer..I wasn't listening to that speech, I was busy taking pictures. We rode the dragon boat across a massive lake, to the other side..The fog / smog was so bad today..it was hard to see some things? but it was still beautiful..I can't understand all the traditions? praying to so many different things for so many different needs? After this we headed to the Pearl Market..that was very interesting to me..we found out how to tell a fake pearl from the real ones? and of course we had to buy Natalie some pearls! After all the negotiating we left to go to the Temple of Heaven..this was another massive area of temples and buildings..it is amazing what they build for their gods? the last place we went was the Tea Tasting..this was my favorite stop..we went into the tea room, and the ladies showed us the traditional Chinese tea serving..it was very interesting..then of course we tasted many different teas..and learned how to make them with fresh tea leaves...many different tea flavors and pots..really nice..
After the tea we headed back to the hotel, to have dinner. The group went to Jimmys again..and then to the mall for dessert..so we got back to the room at 9pm. It was a very long day ,,,but had lots of fun..everyone loves Jubal..he is the life of the group..all the Chinese take pictures of him ..of course he is wearing shorts..!
I am going to try and post pictures..so hopefully it will work tonight..tomorrow, Saturday we are climbing the great wall!!

1 comment:

Uncle Chuck said...

Great job on the pic's, keep 'em coming! Can't wait to get you guys home and meet my newest fishing partner. You have my number if Jube gets thrown in the short pants pokey! Oh, now that I've seen the squat pot, I'll have one installed in the upstairs bath for you by the time you get home!