Saturday, October 27, 2007

GreatWall Tour Today

Today was the tour of all tours..the whole group!
We went to the Tian'an men Square. This is the main entrance to the Imperial palace in Ming and Qing Dynasties. Chairman Yoa is buried here in a glass coffen, there were hundreds of people in line to go see him on display...our guide said he looks better now then when he was alive?

Next was the Forbidden City..today it is called the Palace Museum. This is in the center of Beijing..covers 750 meters from east to west and 960 meters from north to south, the 720,000 square meter city is the largest palatial complex in the world. This place has 9,999 1/2 rooms?? Because they believe that heaven has 10,000 places and he knew he was 1/2 step below the gods, he only built that many rooms.

We had lunch after this...it was at the Friendship House..it was good. We saw how they make cloisonne..by hand! That was like a sweat shop?

Next to the Great Wall...OMG was this amazing...it was so beautiful. so me and Jube started up the stairs...more stairs, more stairs, more stairs..we made it to the 1st tower pretty easy..then to the second tower..getting harder..then the 3rd tower...wow was I tired..had to take my jacket off? so off we go to the 4th tower...so are we getting closer to the top...no..I thought if we reach the 5th tower it must be the top...no way..but I was sure proud I made it that far...it only took 1 hour and 20 minutes..not bad for amateurs? we took pictures and did the Rocky dance..and down we went..much easier..but really hard on your knees..the steps are not even...it only took 25 minutes to get back to the bottom..I hope we can walk tomorrow? We got on the bus and we drove past the Olympic Village..for the 2008 summer games..it was really awesome..they have been building for about 2 years now..

so we are back at the room..time to pack our bags for 630am baggage pick-up..then off to Nanchang where we will pick up the babies around 330pm Sunday...Oh yeah..we got to order Pappa Johns pizza tonight..it was really good...so the next pictures after this will be of our little Natalie..

2 comments:

Susan said...

We race to get up every morning to read the blog. Steve won today and oh what a treat. I have never been a history or geography buff so everything you are showing and talking about is like this is the first time for me. How interesting. Such beauty. Makes my praise God that he is all sufficient. I have never seen REAL pictures of idols! Can't wait to see the next pictures. We were wondering if sitting in a cup was an arresting offense??? Jube, how's the sarcasm going?

Teresa said...

Hey guys,

Love the smog!!! YUCK. Isn't the Great Wall fun?? I know we liked climbing it. Like you said those steps. Steph good thing you have long legs now you see why I couldn't get up too far with my short legs. Fun Fun. I bet you can't wait until our night your morning and early afternoon is over. Maybe I should set the alarm to get up REALLLY early to see if you have pictures posted yet of you "GOTCHA DAY". The day you've been counting down to since you've been in China. Have lots of fun give her lots of hugs and kisses. I'm sure my girls will do plenty of hugging and a few kisses in Tulsa. Can't wait to hear more.

Enjoy,
Teresa for the gang